Who are we?
Our young startup is a services company that develops a technology of living organisms modelling. By joining us you will contribute to conceive the industrial living organisms of tomorrow and accelerate the transition towards a sustainable world. Our ambition is the inception of our digital organisms technology within the R&D programs of any biotechnology company. We currently deploy our technology for white biotechnology and the crop breeding market.
iMEAN provides innovative services based on digital organisms, i.e. mathematical models of living organisms, which accelerate and derisk R&D processes for biotechnology companies. We encounter a growing demand; therefore, we need you to reinforce our team.
We deploy our modelling platform technology for a broad range of biotech applications. Our models include, among others, cellular models with high-quality genome-scale molecular networks (metabolism or regulation), kinetics models, and whole multiorgan models.
We are establishing iMEAN as the top company for fast building of very accurate models. In this new phase of development, your mission will be ensuring delivery of the best models ever made worldwide!
Position and mission
The open position is a position of living organism modeller. You will oversee the reconstruction of top quality and ambitious models.
Your mission, if you accept it, concerns:
- Model reconstruction: reconstruction of any kind of mathematical model but especially high-quality manually curated genome-scale models of metabolism. This requires rigorously exploring biological data with a critical point of view to transform them into knowledge.
- Methods implementation: technological watch about modelling and implementation of state-of-the-art methods.
- R&D: identification of the limitations in modelling methods. Then, suggest and develop improvements to reach a higher accuracy and accelerate model reconstruction.
- Quality control: ensuring the high-quality of the models with a high prediction accuracy. Validate the models with different kinds of experimental data (Omics data). Regular updates of the models following state-of-the-art scientific knowledge.
- Data processing: treatment of data, performing the analysis and delivering the analysis for customers projects.
Starting date: ASAP
Who you are
Qualification: Engineer school, Master or a PhD.
Experience: 2 years experience in systems biology or bioinformatics with modelling tasks would be nice. Also, a background in biochemistry or microbiology with an appetite for bioinformatics is suitable.
We expect rigorous scientific expertise to deliver high quality models. We think that your capacity to digest scientific matters, especially biochemistry and cellular metabolism, would ensure your success in the mission. Experience with metabolic flux analysis would be appreciated. Thus, we are looking for someone agile and smart, able to identify weaknesses in modelling and improve it, curious and motivated to understand phenotypes of living organism from molecular interplay.
Soft skills: iMEAN is a team, you need an appetite for working in synergy with your collaborators within iMEAN but also with customers. You are enthusiast to carry ambitious projects with tenacity. You appreciate a start-up environment, i.e. you like doing things in a moving environment.
Language: English mandatory; French recommended
Type: permanent (CDI)
Salary: starting from 30k€/year (gross salary) depending on experience + variable for each project delivered + BSPCE (stock options) depending on your added value.
Working time: 39h/week with 6 days RTT.
Advantages: Remote work possible up to 3 days per week. Working in Toulouse, one of the best European places to experience a smooth private life & develop a career in biotechnology. We are located in Toulouse White Biotechnology with many biotechnology start-ups.
Send your application at firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference MODELLER including :
- your CV,
- a cover letter